Friday, January 8, 2010

flugsimulation.de 2009 Awards

Flugsimulation has announced their Best of 2009 awards. Check them out!

Awards, like reviews, are always somewhat subjective. Just the same, I find it interesting to see what other people think from time to time. No surprise, their readers voted the PMDG BAe JS4100 turboprop the best payware aircraft of 2009. It was second place that I found rather interesting: the Airsimmer A320. With all the kvetching going on about Airsimmer these days, I was surprised to see that enough people liked it that it came in second. (I am still waiting on the Advanced Edition for FSX before I take the plunge on that one, for what it's worth...)

The Leonardo Maddog 2008 (MD-80) came in third. I'm a pretty happy customer of the CoolSky/Flight1 Super80 Pro myself, but I may give the Leonardo a look one of these days, just out of curiosity.

Surprisingly, the feelThere/Wilco ERJ v2 didn't make the cut. It may have been released too late in the year to be considered, but if it had been me, I probably would have put it ahead of A320 at this point. Now if Airsimmer delivers as promised on the A320 Advanced Edition, that will change...

No comments: