Tuesday, April 21, 2009

PMDG Announces JS4100 Preview

The good Captain Randazzo over at PMDG announced a sneak peak and overview of their forthcoming JS4100 add-on over at AVSIM. Looks very impressive! Some of the more interesting (and controversial) tidbits:
  • The JS4100 will be FSX-only. Sorry, FS9 fans! This has angered some, but I understand and respect the decision on the part of the PMDG developers.
  • The JS4100 will not have a 2D panel, only a 3D Virtual Cockpit. This is similar to the Captain Sim 727 and the Ariane 737 series. I'm not yet sure how I feel about this. I sort of like having a 2D panel around as a quick way to assess gauges in a very small amount of real estate (my one old LCD screen). However, I do appreciate that the 3D Virtual Cockpit is supposed to make it feel more like actually being there. The Captain Sim 727 is really growing on me, and I'll definitely spend a good amount of time in the PMDG JS4100 getting used to the idea once I get my mitts on the product.
Enjoy! Info previously leaked targets a June release date, so we shall see if that actually holds up. I suspect we will all be flying around in our new JS4100s sometime this summer, anyway.

No comments: