Thursday, May 14, 2009

AVSIM Hacked, Destroyed

The BBC (among many others) is reporting that AVSIM was hacked and effectively destroyed on Tuesday. Unbelievably, AVSIM did not have an effective backup system in place, so the site is effectively offline for good.

Terrible loss. I personally hope the authorities catch the responsible parties and throw the book at them.

Tough year for us flight simmers -- first Microsoft shuts down ACES Studio, and now AVSIM is destroyed by some punk.

There is a temporary discussion forum for the AVSIM community available here.

If you can help Tom and AVSIM out with a donation through PayPal to help get the site back up and running, there is a Donate button at the temporary discussion forum. I plan to chip in a little after I get paid again tomorrow. I also have quite a few liveries archived that I have downloaded from AVSIM over the years, and I'll be glad to upload them back if he gets the site up and running again.

Please feel free to pop over there and see if you can help out in some way. Thanks!

No comments: