Thursday, September 24, 2009

AimSimmer Airbus A320 Goodies!

AimSimmer recently gave the fans some juicy new tidbits on their upcoming Airbus A320 series product!

First of all, they gave us a preliminary list of liveries and screenshots. I am a bit disappointed that there are no Frontier Airlines liveries listed here, but I imagine the repaint community will get to work on that! On the other hand, I am impressed by the fact that they will include a Delta A320 repaint, which is an ex-Northwest aircraft. True to modern form, there is a Northwest repaint as well, to allow for the birds that haven't been repainted yet.

Second of all, they recently posted a wonderful video of the Airbus doing an autoland. I think I'm in love.

I know there is a lot of cynicism out there regarding this product, as AirSimmer has been hard to pin down regarding their release plans for this. Chalk it up to the fact that a modern Airbus is a hellaciously complicated aircraft, and doing a realistic, detailed simulation of one is a massive undertaking. It sounds like they are working hard to get it right, top to bottom. I enjoy the Wilco Airbus series, bugs and all, but I do yearn for a PMDG-style simulation of the Airbus of the highest quality. It looks like the AirSimmer product may fit the bill!

All in all, I'm pumped. I'm one of the rare simmers that is FSX only, so it will be a little longer wait for me after the initial release for FS9. Hopefully the wait won't be long!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm looking forward to their release, but then again it's been a loooooong time coming so not holding my breath yet.

What are your thoughts regarding Aerosoft's initial funding towards developemnt of a brand new simulator? I recently posted my thoughts in there forum.

Chris said...

Rod,

Indeed! I think they are getting ever closer, but the pace is slower than we would all like. Hopefully one day we will all wake up and pinch ourselves at the news that it is actually out. :) In the meantime, looks like there are few other goodies coming down the pipe to keep us entertained in the meantime.

I'll make a post with some more thoughts about Aerosoft. I think there is a lot of potential there, but it will be a very daunting task.

+chris