Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Eaglesoft Cessna Citation X

Has anyone tried out the Cessna Citation X product from Eaglesoft? I noticed recently that Navigraph has started putting out updates for Eaglesoft products. I am OK with the feelThere/Wilco Citation X that I already have, but I am curious if the Eaglesoft version is better.

I am a bit hesitant to buy add-ons for planes that are already represented in my hangar -- haven't picked up the Captain Sim 767 or the Leonardo MadDog yet, as I already own the Level-D and CoolSky versions of the same. Ditto for the Eaglesoft Citation X. That's not to say I will never pick those up, but they are lower on my priority list compared to new aircraft models. However, the Eaglesoft Citation X does certainly look interesting, and Eaglesoft has done other private jets in the past, such as the Raytheon/Hawker Beechjet. Interestingly, Eaglesoft purports to be working on a Citation XLS and the Dornier 328JET. The Dornier used to see some action with some regional airlines in the U.S. before the CRJs and ERJs took over. Will be interesting to see what they do with it.

No comments: