Monday, November 30, 2009

feelThere/Wilco ERJ v2 Mini-Review Coming Soon

I've been flying around in the feelThere/Wilco ERJ v2 for the last couple of weeks, and I have to say, I really like it. The previous version of the ERJ was one of my favorite little planes to cruise around in, and the new version improves on it substantially while retaining the spirit of the original at the same time.

I just got done simulating a delivery of an ERJ-135 to Luxair from the Embraer factory in Sao Jose dos Campos, Brazil -- seven hops in all, including stops in the U.S., Canada, Greenland, and Iceland. Fun times.

There are a few minor bugs, but nothing that I would consider a showstopper at this point. Overall, it has been rock stable, with no CTD's. feelThere is keeping a list of known issues in the forums, and promises fixes soon.

Wonder what those guys are thinking of working on next? Can't wait to see. In the meantime, the ERJ v2 promises to be lots of fun.

No comments: