Friday, May 14, 2010

QualityWings 757: Partial Success!

Well, without the help of the QualityWings support forums that I still haven't been granted access to, I think I managed to solve this one on my own, on at least one of my systems.

It turns out that there appears to be some kind of bug in the QualityWings 757 installer. QW 757 needs the Virtuali Addon Manager, and it tries to install it for you as part of the installation process if you do not already have it. Key word here is tries. Unfortunately, it fails, leaving you with no way to activate the software.

The solution for me was to download and install the standalone version of the Addon Manager from here. Once I did that and ran it, I was in business.

Still crashing on my other system, but I'll keep plugging away...

On the system that works, the 757 looks decent. A little less smooth than the Level-D 767, but nice enough. Will be anxious to give it a spin soon.

No comments: