Thursday, May 9, 2013

L-1011s from Captain Sim and JustFlight

Captain Sim recently released the latest offering in its line of classic jetliners: the L-1011 external model.

While there is a part of me that is really intrigued by this - and I really love the idea of the L-1011 in FSX, I am still rather underwhelmed by their 737 and 727 products, among others.  The 737 still has a number of bugs in particular that I wish Captain Sim would hurry up and fix before moving on to other products.  I will be watching it with some interest, but I think I will be reticent to jump in until Captain Sim improves their reputation for quality first - or offers another 9.99 sale..

Elsewhere, JustFlight also has an L-1011 out.  Reviews on AVSIM indicate that it is not particularly realistic, much more like a CLS product.

Too bad in some ways - the TriStar was a grand old plane, and she deserves a top-notch simulation in FSX.  Hopefully Captain Sim will deliver.

No comments: