Monday, June 23, 2008

Upcoming FSX Products I Want

Here are some of the recently announced add-ons for FSX that I am looking forward to. Luckily, my birthday isn't until November, so maybe some of these planes will actually be available then.
  1. Wilco Publishing's E-Jets PIC. The E-Jets are becoming an increasingly popular aircraft in many airlines' fleets. They are seeing more action in lieu of the old smaller DC-9 variants, as well as the smallest full-size modern jets such as the Airbus A318 and the Boeing 737-500 and 737-600. The lack of a good E-Jet add-on is a major hole in my virtual hangar that I am really looking forward to filling.

  2. PMDG's MD-11. This one is currently in beta test, and the screenshots published so far look very appealing. If the quality is even half as good as PMDG's 747X, then I will probably have to spend the rent money on this one. (Note to landlord: just kidding!) A few European airlines such as KLM and Finnair still fly MD-11s, and they are also seeing use as freighters by cargo airlines such as FedEx. As there aren't many tri-jet add-ons for FSX available, this will be a fun one to look forward to.

  3. CoolSky/Flight1's Super 80 Pro. This one was just announced, and it will reportedly be available "very soon." I enjoyed the heck out of their Super 80, and this one looks really nice from what I have seen.

  4. Level-D's 757. They have supposedly been working on this one for a while, although there is no news as to when it might be available. I know the flight deck is virtually identical to the 767, which should make development a little easier. I understand the flight dynamics of the 757 are drastically different, however. I know Level-D has had to devote some resources to fixing issues with the 767, so hopefully that one is in good enough shape that they can focus more on the 757. I would love to have a great 757 add-on in my virtual hangar, as the aircraft is still hugely popular among many U.S. airlines. Hopefully this one won't enter Duke Nukem Forever vaporware territory.

  5. PMDG's 737 NGX. I would dearly love to see an ultra-realistic 737 NG add-on for FSX. The 737-800 included with FSX doesn't really cut it, and this aircraft series is becoming extremely popular with U.S. airlines as they replace their aging fleets. Word on the street is that we shouldn't expect to see this one anytime soon, though, as PMDG has been busy working on the MD-11 and supporting the 747.
Any others you have run across lately?

No comments: