Friday, July 11, 2008

Wilco E-Jets First Flight

I took a test flight in the new Wilco Publishing E-Jets add-on today. Overall, I think it is a really nice add-on. My only complaint is that the 2D panel is a bit cramped, making some of the text -- in particular, the labels on the buttons -- rather difficult to read. Otherwise, it is a really fun plane to fly. I will do a more in-depth review soon, but here is a teaser screenshot from a quick flight I took from Chicago-O'Hare to Indianapolis:



This is a United Express E-175, operated by Shuttle America. I picked this particular route because of some thunderstorms that happened to be moving through Chicago at the time. The E-Jet simulates weather radar in realtime, and I thought it would be a good venue to test it out. Sure enough, it worked great.

More screenshots and an in-depth mini-review soon, I promise!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Same Lousy DLL error in this aircraft as in all Wilco? Feelthere products. Yoke and ailerons shake like a thief in church when autopilot is engaged and turn are being initiated.