Saturday, July 11, 2009

PMDG Jetstream 4100 Goes Beta

According to this post in the PMDG support forums, the new Jetstream 4100 product has officially gone beta this week. Hooray! Looks like we will have a new plane to try out in our virtual hangars very soon. PMDG does top-notch work.

I know the Jetstream 4100 is a controversial pick among some enthusiasts, perhaps because we don't see very many of them flying in commercial service anymore on this side of the pond. I know I was bewildered by the announcement myself, at first. However, the more I thought about it, the more the idea grew on me. I know it is a labor of love for Captain Randazzo at PMDG, who used to fly them for a living. The screenshots out there already are very impressive, and I know it will be a treat to fly and master this bird. There are so few good turboprops out there, that any new ones are welcome. Flying one around in the USA will be something of an anachronism these days, but then again, so is tooling around in the Flight1 Fokker 70/100 series. Perhaps some of the most interesting planes to fly are the ones we don't see much of anymore...

If nothing else, you can always just shut your eyes and pretend you're flying a Dash-8. :-)

No comments: