Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Snagged the Sky Simulations DC-9

I picked up the Sky Simulations DC-9 this morning. I haven't had much time to look at it yet, but I did briefly fire it up. So far, it looks very nice -- the sounds seem very faithful to the actual sounds heard in a DC-9, for example. The Sperry autopilot is very similar to the one used in the 727, and I had no trouble getting the DC-9 to fly around on its own. I think I am going to enjoy this one.

Will post some more thoughts about it soon, when I have a chance to play around with it a lot more.

Initial reviews over at AVSIM have been generally positive, but as with any 1.0 release, there are some minor bugs being reported. Nothing major that I would regard as "show-stoppers," but hopefully, they will release some updates soon to fix the little glitches.

No comments: